Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Book Review: Nick of Time by Tim Downs


I like to read, and what I like to read most is fiction. I will admit to you right now, that the reason I read this book was that it was the only fiction I could get through the blogger program I am in. The description sounded weird, but it sounded like a murder-mystery so I thought I would give it a try.

This book is about Nick Polchack, a forensic entomologist. Yes you read that correctly, and I already warned you this is weird. Nick is engaged to a lady who can control her 20+ dogs so well, people in her town think she is a witch. This is an odd couple to be sure.  The week Nick and Alena are scheduled to be married, Nick decides to go to a conference which leads him into a murder case to beat all murder cases.

Nick gets so involved in this case that he seemingly forgets he is about to be married, but it also leads he and Alena to explore why they are getting married separately. I will not tell you the conclusions they make and whether or not they get married. You will have to read the book to find that out. What I will tell you is the writing style of the author kept me wanting to read more. The characters were indeed weird but it was a good book. If you can stand the ribbing you will take from your family about reading "A Bug Man Novel" then try reading this book and you too, may be pleasantly surprised!

You m ay purchase the book HERE.


BookSneeze® has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments: