Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Where is my faith?


"Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked them: 'Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand? Are your hearts hardened? Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don't you remember? When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?'" --Mark 8:17-19

Boy can I identify with the disciples. usually, my first reaction is to wonder what is wrong with them. I mean, they got to see Jesus perform miracles for crying out loud. How can they doubt. They waled and talked with Jesus himself. I am no different, though. I have been a hypocrite every time I thought that way. I pray for God to move and then 30 minutes later I doubt. God has done so much in our lives, but I doubt. I want to be able to move on and ignore my "default settings" of doubt and move into seeing only Jesus and believing God can and will do anything He wants. God loves us so much. Whatever He decides to do is best and is totally out of love. God please forgive my unbelief.

No comments: