Thursday, February 28, 2008

Considering Others


"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." --Hebrews 10:24



Considering others is an important part of every day life. Sometimes it is the smallest gesture that may be overlooked by most people. Just a smile offered to the cashier at the grocery store, shutting the door gently when you get up in the morning, saying hello to your coworkers when you get to work can all make a huge difference in the lives of people around us. Considering others does not have to be doing something extraordinary, but rather it can be simply doing a common thing extraordinarily well. When we are considerate to others, we are also considerate to God.


But the last part of this verse is equally important. We are to spur one another on toward love an good deeds. As Christians we need each other. I need my husband and friends to encourage me to do what is right in the eyes of God. I also need them to help me see things God's way. Sometimes problems seem so big I see only the problem, just like when Peter walked on the water. I need help seeing Jesus and keeping my eyes on Him so that the waves do not overwhelm me and I sink. We can not walk the Christian walk alone, we need each other. Let us all Encourage one another, consider one another and spur one another on towards love and good deeds.

1 comment:

Debbie C. said...

This is probably one of the most overlooked verses and ideas in the Bible. Our society has become so "self" focused and centered, even Christians, even me. Thank you for this incredible reminder.