Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Two are better than one


Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. (NIV)

I feel so blessed. Not only has God allowed me to have wonderful godly friends, but a handsome godly husband to partner with me through life. I love how this scripture doesn't just talk about how we are better off with friends, but it says that a cord of THREE strands is not easily broken. That speaks of the Holy Spirit to me. So the cord of three consisting of The Holy Spirit, my husband and I is not easily broken. We have each other to help us, defend us and encourage us. What's more God has provided friends to do the same for us. We in the body of Christ form a powerful team with Christ as our Leader.


No comments: