Friday, August 24, 2007

It's Friday!

Well, it's Friday and I have a new blog. I didn't think I would ever do it, but I do like to write out my thoughts, so for what it's worth, here is my blog. I named this bog the Princess Blog not because I am a princess of ANY kind (although my family does treat me like one I must say) but because my creative husband thought this would be a great name since we like the Princess Bride movie. If you haven't seen that movie, it is really funny.

We just had our 7th annual graduation ceremony for Royal Rangers and Mpact Girls Ministries this Wednesday night. Darin and I love working with the leaders and kids of this ministry and we have seen God change many lives throughout our 7 years of service. Before we got involved we were the typical church attenders that came a little late and left right when the Pastor ended the service. We were lonely and struggling. In fact things got so bad that we were considering trying other churches when we were asked to serve. We are so thankful to God because serving has changed our lives. We have been getting closer and closer to God, we have precious godly friends, and we are privileged to be involved in the lives of the children of our church. Those kids bless me so much, and I look forward to every Wednesday night. Do I get burned out? Sure. I get tired, worn out, and I start to loose focus. Why? Because I take my eyes off of Jesus, my Lord and Saviour. Just like Peter when we walked out on the water to meet Jesus, I look too much at the "storm" or problems of my life and take my eyes off my Saviour. When Peter did this he sank like a rock and had to cry out to Jesus for help. After being saved for 32 years you'd think that I would have learned to keep my eyes on the Lord, but I don't. I pray that I can learn this valuable lesson and allow my faith to grow so that I can REALLY be used by God!

4 comments:

Debbie C. said...

Hey there, your blog is beautiful. I think you will enjoy it immensely. I hope you will visit my blog sometime. I have been blogging for about 3 months now and really enjoy it. It's fun to read people's comments. How is school going for you all? Take care, Debbie

Rick Womack said...

welcome to the blogosphere! i look forward to reading the 'going's on' in world of the parkers.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the web. It's nicer around here already!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blog world! I love your page.