Tuesday, October 29, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: I, Saul

  

     I have been a fan of Jerry B. Jenkins for years. I loved the "Left Behind" series, so I was thrilled when I was offered the chance to receive this book for free in exchange for an unbiased book review .You can imagine how hard it was for me to put it down when life's demands didn't allow me to read!

     Mr. Jenkins switches between writing about the Apostle Paul's last days in prison, to his life story, and finally weaves in a modern day Indiana-Jones style story about finding Paul's manuscripts. This book is filled with rich historical details, stunning descriptions of the Holy Land, romance, political intrigue, and compelling characters. Readers follow Paul as a young Saul, eager to learn, a staunch believer in the Law of Moses throughout his life to learn how he finally became the Apostle Paul.

     How does a man who's commitment to upholding the letter of the law is unrivaled go from zealously rounding up followers of The Way, supporters of the Christian Faith, to being the boldest preacher representing Jesus Christianity has ever seen? I'm happy to report you will find out in this book!

     The modern day story that takes place in this book is about Augustine Knox, a young seminary professor that unexpectedly gets asked to be a part of a deadly race to keep his friend  alive while frantically searching for priceless parchments thought to be written in Paul's own handwriting. The action and adventure was riveting and kept me wanting to read more.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who liked Indiana Jones and loves history as well.


No comments: