Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bridging the Gap


This is Watson's Mill State Park. This place is special to me because my husband and I went on our first "date" here, and we love bringing our sons here to play on the shoals and to canoe (the river on the other side of the bridge is calm).

As Lysa said in "The Made to Crave Action Plan," ~“Perseverance bridges the gap between the trial and the blessing of becoming mature and complete, not lacking anything” (page 126). What a beautiful reminder that there is indeed a point to perseverance! We are not just "suffering through" life's trials. God is using them to mature us, and in the end we will be complete, lacking nothing! I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty good to me!

Now I must confess that having joy in the midst of a trial is often easier said than done. Right now we are struggling because things keep breaking In our house that we can not afford to replace. My recliner broke, then the dishwasher, the. The microwave, then the washing machine! Through God's grace and my husband's perseverance, he was able to fix my recliner and dishwasher. Youtube has been a great resource. The microwave is totally dead. The washer he eventually fixed and now we are dealing with the stove. A week ago he fixed it after many perilous trial and error attempts. But last night it took nearly an hour for the oven to reach 350° Again. Also Tuesday I was told I need to get almost $1000 of dental,work done with in a month or two or I will need a root canal. It is so expensive because I had to have an implant put in that used up all my dental benefits. So please pray for us please that God provides and we continue to persevere.

I will say though that I can see that I have grown. I'm not falling apart. I am having to work at it, but I'm not falling apart. I am trying to keep my eyes on God and trust in His ability to provide and not focus on our inabilities or the huge waves of our trials. Thank you so much for your prayers!

4 comments:

Joy Moments said...

Bless your heart Debbie. It just seems it is always something when we own a home and it seems to happen together. Prayers for you as you walk thru all this. Praising with you that your husband has been able to do so much. Thanks for sharing. Debbie W. (OBS Blog Hop Team)

DebbieP said...

Thank you. All the glory goes to God because my husband didn't know how to fix any of this stuff. He truly had to rely on God to find out how to fix it all. I am blessed for sure.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing pictures of old covered bridges. Couldn't help but think as I read your blog how life can be just like the water in your picture. At times it feels like we are on the side of the bridge where the water is cascading down onto the rocks, but how awesome that on the other side is calm. Thanks for sharing your picture with us. Blessings, Lori (Group 39)

DebbieP said...

So are so right Lori, but the bridge remains constant. What a beautiful,picture of God!