Friday, November 15, 2013






"Whoever said that a straightened hand was more dramatic than a healed heart?"
                                                                                                                          ~Jason Marker

Don't we all long to see God perform dramatic miracles? I know I personally have struggled at times trying to understand why we don't see more of the miraculous. There are so many people that need God's healing touch. So many needs in this world that it can be overwhelming.

Enter Caleb, a small orphaned boy raised in a monastery in Ethiopia with an unusual gift, the gift of healing. Caleb's happy world is shattered when the monastery is attacked and destroyed. He is rescued by a relief expert, Jason Marker and a French-Canadian Nurse named Leiah. Together them embark on a journey filled with political intrigue, peril, survival and discovery. They learn that the world isn't what it seems and that there is far more to  God Himself than they ever imagined.

I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased review, and quit frankly I couldn't wait to read it because I have enjoyed every Ted Dekker book I have ever read. This book is much different from the others I have read in the past but I still enjoyed it very much. I would say that if you are a Ted Dekker fan you might expect a different style and tone than what is used in this story, but if you can put aside that expectation I would expect that you would enjoy it as much as I did.


No comments: