Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Book Review: Coming Home

Book Review: Coming Home
By: Karen Kingsbury


Coming Home is a well-written novel about the Baxter Family. Although Ms. Kingsbury has written several books about the Baxter family, this novel can stand alone and serve as an introduction, or as a beautiful conclusion in the saga of the Baxter Family. The Patriarch of the Baxter family is about to turn 70 years old, and his grown children plan a surprise party in his honor. Then the unthinkable happens. During their many hours of waiting the family rallies together and shares memories that bring hope and healing. Through it all they grow closer to God and each other.

I enjoyed reading this book very much. I cried with the family and felt like I really got to know these fictitious people. Ms. Kingsbury is a master story-teller and sucked me in within the first pages of the book. I did get a little confused as I tried to keep all of the characters straight in my mind, since I never read any of the other Baxter novels. I do still say that this book van be read as a stand-alone, but if I had read the other books I would have already known the characters and could have followed the story a little easier.

I have always loved reading Karen Kingsbury books, and would read another solely because she wrote it. She's that good of an author. I highly recommend this book to any of you wanting to read a heart-wrenching yet heart-warming story of love and faith.

I was provided a free copy of this book in exchange for reviewing the book.

No comments: