Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Faith You Can Lean On


"I mean that I want us to help each other with the faith we have. Your faith will help me, and my faith will help you" (Romans 1:12 NCV).

We need each other. Fellowship is so important. Not the shallow stuff that most of us are comfortable with, talking in the foyer of the church, making making chit-chat. We need to be involved in one another's lives. I feel so blessed at Church of the Nations to have a network of people that I can lean on when my faith is weak. I need them, and occasionally I am also needed. If we stay to ourselves we become weaker because then we are like that little sheep that strays from the flock. The wolves can pick us off so much easier than when we travel in the safe center of the flock. It's a win-win situation because when I have a need there is always someone who can lift me up. Then I get to be blessed to help someone else when they are in need. Our Pastor has been encouraging us to seek real fellowship with one another and I am grateful because that is wise advice.

I tell you God is good. I was having a hard time Sunday with my faith. I know God's Word is true, and that God is always with me helping me when things seem too tough. But sometimes I feel so broken hearted and weighted down that it is hard to believe. now that I know I have Rheumatoid Arthritus it can be discouraging if I let it get to me. I feel so bad so often that I get discouraged. I still miss my dog Tramp, and we have had other problems to deal with so all of it added up was just too much for me. But God sent someone to me to pray for me and hug me. Somethimes that's all it takes.

2 Corinthians 1:3-7

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

If you are not placing yourself in the position to get real with other Christians, to let them see your struggles and let them help you and be there to help them, you are missing out on so much and leaving yourself vunerable to attack. We are so much stronger when we stick together.

Thank you God for leading us to a church that Believes Your Word and providing so many wonderful people to minister to and be ministered. Thank you most of all for Your Strength that gets me through every trial I face. I need you God and I thank You for loving me and being so patient with me.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments: