Friday, March 13, 2009

Hope in God















“Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me?” Put your hope in God for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.” -Psalm 43:5 NIV


"Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God." NAS

Yesterday I took my other Dog Lady (Tramp's mother) to the vet because her belly has been distended for quite some time now. After loosing Tramp we were more concerned for Lady than ever. Well, we received bad news. No matter what we will be loosing her. What she has is terminal and there is no cure. Today she is spending the day at the vet to see if it is Crohn's disease because although there is still no cure for that disease, there is a medication that will make her feel much better during her last days, weeks, months or years with us.

Well needless to say this is hard news to swallow just 3 days after loosing Tramp. Last night my husband found the scripture I quoted above and I am meditating on it's truth. The way to get through this hard time and deal with the sadness I am feeling, is to remember how good God has been to us. I have had to actively fight feelings that God isn't merciful and abandoned us. The why questions could plague me if I dwell on them, so I am trying hard not to keep asking why. So my hope is in the Lord, and I will praise him no matter what the circumstances. I will think on all the things He has done for us. I have posted this song before, but I am posting it again because it is what is on my heart right now.









No comments: