Thursday, August 28, 2008

You've got a Friend in Me


You are better off to have a friend than to be all alone . . . . If you fall, your friend can help you up. But if you fall without having a friend nearby, you are really in trouble. Ecclesiastes 4:9–10 (CEV)

God didn't create us to be lone rangers. He saw that Adam needed someone and made Eve. He made us to fellowship with Him as well. We need each other, and I for one am so grateful for all the people God has placed in my life. When I am down HE provides someone to encourage me. I get the privilege of laughing and crying with my precious friends.

There is such blessing in the giving and receiving happens in a healthy relationship. I am so blessed when I get to help a friend. Of course it blesses me as well when they get to help me, but I really look forward to finding my opportunities to do something to bless my friends.

My family are my best friends, even though sometimes I take them fro granted or need a break from them. We all have to love each other unconditionally each and every day. That can be difficult at times since we are all sinful humans. But we are richer for it because we learn about the grace of God through our relationships.

How many people bail on a spouse because they are not meeting their needs? They are missing out on so much and don't even realize it! Marriage is probably the most difficult thing I've ever done, yet the most rewarding because each time we allow God to bring us through a storm, the sun shines brighter on the other side!

Thank you God for blessing me with godly friends, two wonderful sons and a husband that loves me no matter how sinful I am. Please help me be a blessing to all of them. Please help us all see each other as You see us, and pick each other up when we are down. Please help us resist the devil and be a light for You.

In Jesus name, Amen

No comments: