Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sleepover Blessing


"So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith." --Galatians 3:9



God is so good and I think it is so neat that He let's us be a part of what He is doing. I had the opportunity to bless a friend this weekend, and after all was said and done I found that I received a blessing as well. Last week was a hard week for me. We installed laminate flooring and not only was I very tired from having to juggle homeschooling my kids, my regular daily chores AND install the floor, but I wasn't sleeping at night due to a shoulder injury that really flared up because of the work involved in installing the floor.


I was allowing 3 of my friend's kids to spend the entire weekend with us so that she and her husband could travel 12 hours to a wedding. The two youngest boys had never come to my house so I was nervous that they would be uncomfortable and shy and not have a good time. I was concerned that they would all be wild and I would be stressed out. But I gave it to the Lord, determined to bless my friends no matter what. Well I am glad I did, because I got to see God's grace in action.


All the kids were great, they were not wild, I was clam and not stressed. That is God and I am so grateful to Him! The youngest kids don't talk to many adults, but they opened right up to us and felt totally at home. We all had a great time and my youngest was really sad on Monday because they were all gone. That's God!

No comments: