Tuesday, November 27, 2007


1 Thessalonians 5:16
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (NIV)

Boy, I don't know about you, but I am not always good at rejoicing continually. I can get in moods when all I can see is the negative. But,

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (NIV)


If only I could really get a hold of these scriptures and REALLY believe them. What a life I would live! What if Jonah had praised God in all circumstances? God saved Nineveh, but because Jonah's heart was so hard and stubborn, he missed out on a blessing. God STILL saved Nineveh in SPITE of Jonah's resistance. I love that part. God is going to get done what He wants to get done regardless of how cooperative we are. BUT what a blessing Jonah missed out on. What would his ministry been like if he got on board with God instead of having to be in control? What will MY life be like if I can get my eyes and mind aligned with God and rejoice in all circumstances, knowing God is in control and He works all things for the good of those who love Him and have been call
ed according to His purpose? I hope some day to at least move closer and closer to this goal. I know God has abundant life, joy, peace, and spiritual blessings in store for us!

No comments: