Thursday, September 27, 2007

Strung out, Stressed out



John 11:40
Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" (NIV)


I don't know about you, but for me life definitely has it's ups and downs. Sometimes things go well and the stress level in my life is relatively low. Then there are other times when the stress level peaks so high I feel I can't bear up under it. It can eat away at me until I feel like little more than a shell of a woman. What am I supposed to do when things seem out of my control and seem to be negative, detrimental and destructive? What do I do when I have tried everything to no avail?

Well, I know the answer, but doing it is another matter. The answer is simply to believe. If I can keep my eyes on God and take them off of the circumstances, I know that will change everything. I can believe that God is somehow working these difficulties for my good, that God is bigger than any circumstance. I can believe that God has a special purpose for me and choose to ignore the enemy's lies that say I am nothing, insignificant. I can choose to believe that even though everyone may break his promise or let me down, God NEVER will. God is faithful and can turn things around. I can even believe that even if nothing changes on the outside, God can change me on the inside and give me what I need to go on. That will make all the difference.

No comments: