Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Friends Are a Gift

Prov 17:17
17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
(NIV)


I am so thankful for friends. I am blessed with many godly friends, but I have 2 very special friends, a close girlfriend and my husband. My husband is my very best friend, and I don't know what I would do without him. He listens to me when I am upset and helps me with difficult situations and decisions. He has committed to always be here with me through the good and bad times. He loves me even when I am not easy to love, and tries to minister to me and show me he loves me.

Prov 27:9
9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.
(NIV)

My close girlfriend is a blessing because I can talk to her and she will tell me the truth in love. She loves me for who I am, but she also loves me enough to tell me when I am wrong She is willing to give me sound spiritual advice, whether it is what I want to hear at that moment or not. Both my friend and husband laugh with me, cry with me and stand by me, making me feel loved. They both really step up to the plate when I am going through a particularly hard time.

Prov 18:24
24 A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
(NIV)

But I have a friend that never lets me down, and is always here for me no matter what, and He is God Almighty. I never have to feel alone because I know that He loves me with the purest love. He is perfect and never sins and loves me for who I am because He made me. He loved me so much that He sent His only Son to die in my place, taking the punishment for my sins. There is no greater love than that, and I am so grateful and in awe of a God that loves me like that.

No comments: